- Firmware: CleanFlight(≥2.1.0)
- Configurator software: Cleanflight Configurator(≥2.1.0)
- Any available UART interface on the Flight Controller
1.Connect the RunCam Split with the UART interface of the flight controller
2.Make the Flight Controller recognize the Split
For example, we connect the Split to the UART 3 interface on the CleanFlight: connect the flight controller to the computer, then open the Cleanflight Configurator.
In the Peripherals column of the line UART3 (on the Ports tab), select RunCam Device and click Save And Reboot.
3.Instructions of the functions of the camera and assigning transmitter channels to them
In the Cleanflight Configurator, navigate to the Modes tab. There are new CAMERA WI-FI, CAMERA POWER and CAMERA CHANGE modes.
- CAMERA WI-FI: turn on/off the WIFI of the camera. When in the OSD of the camera, this is used to confirm your selection.
- CAMERA POWER: start/stop the video. When in the OSD of the camera, this is used to move to the next menu item.
- CAMERA CHANGE MODE: switch among the three modes, video, photo and OSD setting mode. When in the OSD of the camera, this will exit the menu.
Assign any available channel to the function you need, for example:
- Assign the AUX1 to the CAMERA WI-FI, range 1900-2100
- Assign the AUX2 to the CAMERA POWER, range 1900-2100
- Assign the AUX3 to the CAMERA CHANGE MODE, range 1900-2100
4.Assign the channel to the switch of the controller
Please choose your Model on the controller, then access to the MIXER interface and assign the channel to the switch of the controller. Take opentx 2.2.0 for example, assign the channels CH5, CH6 and CH7 to sa, sb and sd respectively.
Power the Flight Controller and the RunCam Split
- Set the SA to the bottom, the camera starts/stops the video
- Set the SB to the bottom, the camera turns on/off the WIFI
- Set the SD to the bottom, the camera switches among the three modes: video, photo and OSD setting mode
View demonstration video: